Upstream in Trinidad and Tobago
Picture of the country

Trinidad and Tobago

In 2016, our presence in Trinidad and Tobago was focused on our Upstream business.
 

Net surface area
of mineral rights

2,155

km2


Net production

101,887

barrels of oil
equivalent per day


Net proved reserves

291.4

million barrels of oil
equivalent per day

Upstream

As of December 31st, 2016, we owned mineral rights to four offshore production/development blocks in Trinidad and Tobago (net surface area of 1,121 km2), which include 30% of the offshore exploration and production assets of the company bpTT in Trinidad and Tobago. Additionally, we held a stake of 40% in an exploration block with a net surface area of 1,034 km2.

Net production for the year totaled 3.9 Mbbl of liquids and 187.5 bscf of natural gas, with an equivalent total net production of 37.3 Mboe (101,887 boe/d). Net proved reserves of crude and natural gas were estimated to be 291.4 Mboe as of December 31st, 2016.

Milestones

  • The agreement entered into with Perenco for the sale of the company Repsol E&P T&T in Trinidad and Tobago, which includes the offshore assets Teak, Samaan, and Poui (TSP), where Repsol was the operator company of the consortium with an ownership interest of 70%, was announced in October. The transaction was completed in December after obtaining all the required authorizations.
  • In 2016, production in the offshore fields of the company BPTT, operated by BP (70% and operator) and in which Repsol holds the remaining 30%, was partially affected by maintenance stops and work carried out in the fields and envisaged in the annual work plans for the year.
  • In 2016, work continued at BPTT to increase the production of the fields after 2017 (Juniper, Onshore Compression project, a drilling campaign in Amherstia, Galeota expansion project).

 
 

Get the latest information on Repsol's presence in Trinidad and Tobago

Information on net production, net proved reserves, and mineral rights as of December 31st, 2016