Canada

We are present in Canada with our Exploration and Production, and Wholesale Gas and Trading businesses

Exploration and Production

On December 31, 2018 Repsol had mineral rights in Canada to a total net surface area of 6,743 Km2 (3,309 Km2 for exploration, and 3,434 Km2 for production/development).

Net production in 2018 was 7.9 Mbbl of liquids and 81.9 Bcf of natural gas, with a total net production equivalent 22.4 Mboe (61,483 boe/d). The estimated net proven reserves for liquids and natural gas at the end of the year were 115.9 Mboe.

Data as of December 31, 2018.
Net surface area
of mineral rights
6,743km2
 
Net
Production
61,483
barrels of oil
equivalent per day
Net proved
reserves
115.9
million barrels
of oil
equivalent

Gas Wholesaler and Trading

We manage the Canaport™ LNG regasification terminal in Saint John, New Brunswick, with a 75% interest (our partner, Irving Oil, holds the remaining 25%).

The plant has a maximum daily send-out capacity of 1.2 billion cubic feet (Bcf), and it mainly supplies customers in the northeast USA.

Data as of December 31, 2018.
Canada